Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 28: Sunny in Istanbul

While studying abroad in Germany I spent 4 days in beautiful Istanbul, Turkey over Easter break. Such a beautiful place. I loved experiencing the Eastern and Islamic cultures and not knowing 1 word of the language! Defineitly one of the top places I have visited in the world. Already on the flight my classmates and I were planning a return trip in 10 or so years :)
 
Roundneck sea blue cotton tee, light cotton pants with soft mustard yellow field and light blue and salmon octagon pattern, white and soft brown leather sandals, white winged earrings. 
 
There were many things I thoroughly enjoyed discovering and seeing on my trip. Hands down one of the things I fell in love with was the Turkish ceramics, tiles and Iznik pottery. If I was not a college student on a budget, I would have bought enough to fill a room. The eye pooping colors are stunning and the patterns are plainly intricate yet simple. I have decided someday I want my kitchen or bathroom to feature these beautiful creations.
 
 
Pictures taken at the Topkapi Palace (above) A definite must see on any visit. It is the largest palace in Istanbul and was the main residence for the Ottoman Sultans for around 400 years (circa 1465-1856). This a link to their website. Just google search of the whole city of worth the pictures! http://topkapisarayi.gov.tr/en 
 
 
 The Grand Bazaar of Istanbul, one of the oldest and largest in the world. 61 covered streets and over 3,000 shops. I sampled and bought some genuine Turkish Delight to take home. Excellently yummy. Pictured below.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment